Saturday, January 12, 2013

Still Waiting...

Much to my surprise, this baby has still not arrived! My mistake was expecting it to be early, and now, even though I haven't even reached my due date (the 16th), I feel like I'm far past what was expected. Madeleine was five days early and my midwife gave me some false hope by predicting another early arrival this time. Nonetheless, I feel basically fine, just a bit too big for comfort. Below is a picture from 38 weeks.
Madeleine was lucky enough to get some of my pomegranate the other day, and she had a great time picking all the seeds out.
It was a very serious affair for her.
My parents arrived on the night of the 4th, so we've now had a full week with them here. Madeleine took about 10 minutes to warm up to them, and now enjoys the chance to actually choose who does what for her.
We've been enjoying a walk on the hills near our house, and despite doing the hour-long walk quite frequently over the last week, the baby is still inside.
Madeleine is enjoying lots of Grammy and Grandpa time and we're already feeling spoiled with their cooking and help around the house.


3 comments:

  1. Is that bear puppet the same one we had when we were kids??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! seriously - love the pictures...can't wait to hear some news!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, same puppet, Kristin! She loves them.

    ReplyDelete