Monday, August 8, 2011

Out and About

Madeleine and I manage to keep pretty busy these days, often simply with going for walks in various places. Last week, we took advantage of the beautiful sunny winter day to walk along the waterfront in Wellington. The suburb is known as Oriental Bay, and is one of the most expensive areas in the city, with beautiful big homes on the waterfront.
Boatsheds at Baleana Bay - a bit further along from Oriental Bay.
Ignore the ever-present clothes drying rack in the background, and look at the cute little dimples on sweet Madeleine. She loves to smile, but usually it's when I'm looking right at her; if I hold a camera up, it's all seriousness as she stares at the camera. So our smile shots are usually from weekends when there are two of us to capture it!


Her hair is still pretty long and crazy. I think it is starting to thin and fall out, so it will be interesting to see what it becomes. Right now she has what I call "see-through hair".


Here she is, all bundled for an outing. This hat was given to her by one of my work friends, and it is a really light merino, and is the only hat she can tolerate wearing.
One of the many Mum and Baby events in the area is the monthly "Buggy Walk", organized by Sport Wellington, and sponsored by a coffee company. They choose a different location each month, and serve hot coffee before and after the hour-long walk. There are usually anywhere from 30-50 Mums with babies of all ages. This month we went to Queen Elizabeth Park up the coast (near where the famous Happy Feet penguin was rescued), and it was a beautiful day for a walk. I often go to these events with some of the Mums from our antenatal group, so we sit and chat over coffee afterwards.
Madeleine was 3 months old this past weekend! She got her second set of immunizations and did really well afterwards. She weighed in at 6.7kg and measured 60cm long. We moved her to the cot in her own room this past weekend, and she has adjusted wonderfully. She seems to really like the room to spread out, and she continues to sleep 11-12hr at night. We decided to make the move to her cot while she was still sleeping well. I've been warned that even babies who sleep through the night at this age can regress as they develop, so we're not expecting it to last, but we sure are hoping it will!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! That photo of her in the hat reminds me so much of you AK. I think it's her smile there. And only being able to tolerate certain items of clothing also reminds me of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, the photo where she looks super chubby?!? Yes, I have a feeling she will be 'particular' in a lot of things, much like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't look any chubbier there than in any of the other pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Madeleine with us! It's so fun to see how she's changed already. 3 months already... Wow!

    ReplyDelete