Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ocean Beach

I have really been missing my beachfront walks and playtimes with the kids that were part of our weekly routine in NZ, so it was very exciting for me to finally make it to a beach here in California. My sister has been staying with us for the past few days, and so on Thursday we ventured out to find Ocean Beach, on the west side of San Francisco. 
It is a beautiful long stretch of fine sand, and both the kids loved playing in it.
It was a bit windy and chilly, but Ross was determined to get in the water, so he had to strip down a bit.
He still enjoys eating sand...
Madeleine loved digging, watching the kites, and running around.
At first, she was very hesitant to go near the water, but after I was wading in it for awhile, she joined me and then it was hard to get her to leave! She would run in as the waves went out, watching her footprints, and then wait for the waves to reach her and run away from them... over and over. 
Ross did lots of walking on his own and kept standing up like this, clearly so proud of himself. It was such a fun day, and even if it is a 30-40 minute drive, I think I'll have to make this one of our more regular outings.

No comments:

Post a Comment