There is a park just a couple of blocks away from us called Pukatea Park, and it is one of our most regular destinations. It's close enough that Madeleine can walk the whole way there and it's right along the walkway by the water, so we get some lovely views. Lately we've been going in the early evening before dinner, and there have been some beautiful sunsets. I finally remembered to bring the camera one day last week, to capture Madeleine and all her Pukatea Park moments.
She has gone from absolutely hating swings to loving them so much that she would swing for hours if Ross and I had the patience. She says "big push" over and over, even as I'm pushing her.Climbing up to the slide, stopping to see what the view from up high reveals.
Pointing to baby Ross...
Climbing up to the top of the logs...
And just when I thought "she treats her dolls so well, I must be modelling such wonderful mothering skills to her"... she decides to squish her beloved dolly into a plastic container and put the lid on.
On another occasion, Dolly and the plastic container were put in the drawer for an entire day! I think we both forgot about poor Dolly and I admit, I did get a bit of a fright when I opened the drawer later that day.
Thankfully she doesn't try to squish Ross into any boxes, but she does like to give him really big hugs.
Our sweet girl, looking so grown-up to us these days...
Love her playground hairdo!
ReplyDeleteoh dear...they're growing up so fast! Come home quick!!!! You are right that M is looking so grown up. Love the pictures!
ReplyDelete