Friday, May 24, 2013

Citizenship and Feijoas

We finally got around to getting some photos taken for Ross' Canadian citizenship application. We went to the same photographer who did Madeleine's photos. She was a couple months younger than Ross, and far less photogenic (see July 2011 post entitled "Our Week" for a reminder). Ross was incredibly calm and cooperative for the photo shoot. Thankfully he was more interested in the camera and lights than his crying sister hanging onto my leg. He looks like a little boy ready for his first day of school! He certainly is growing up quickly - he started rolling over this week and weighed in at 16lb 12oz. Although who knows how much of that weight is poo, considering he hasn't gone in 16 days now. Shocking, I know, but a good conversation for Mommy-types. He's pretty happy in spite of it, so I'm not too concerned; I just really hope I'm home when he does finally go.
It's feijoa season here in New Zealand. Feijoas are a fruit I had never heard of until moving here. They are a bit odd (Steve thinks they're awful) - very aromatic and a bit gritty in texture. But lots of people have feijoa trees in their yards, and we often end up being given big bags of them. Fortunately, I have come to love them and Madeleine likes them too.
You cut them in half and then scoop out the flesh to eat it....
... just like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment