Here is Ross at 2 months, looking well-rested after a week of sleeping from 8:30pm to 5:30am. I felt pretty rested too, although I definitely don't expect these long nights to last! We saw the Plunket Nurse for the first time about a week ago, and Ross was 13lb and 12oz, and 61cm long. He's certainly growing quickly and I have to be sure to regularly go through all the clothes we've received or else I'm sure he'll outgrow things before he's even worn them.
Mom, Dad and I took the kids for a hike to Butterfly Creek, in the hills behind our house.
Part of the trail overlooks Wellington Harbour, and it was a lovely sunny day. We have had one of the sunniest, driest summers that Wellington has seen in a long time. Everyone who talks to Mom and Dad about their visit comments on how lucky they've been to have this weather, since usually our summers are rather short and unpredictable.Madeleine loved the chance to get out of the carrier and stretch. Here she is doing some stretches with Grammie. Either that, or they were singing "The Grand Old Duke of York" for the hundredth time.
This past Sunday was Ross' baptism at our church, St. Alban's. We got some family pictures before the service...
It was a lovely service with our new vicar presiding and one of our neighbours and friends, Carolyn, giving Ross his baptism candle. Ross slept through the entire service, and Madeleine struggled to stay interested and quickly squirmed out of Steve's arms.
She was pretty excited to get outside and run around.
Just hanging out on the couch...
Comparing foot size with Daddy...Ross continues to love his baths, unlike Madeleine, who took months to enjoy the water. And fortunately, Madeleine loves sharing her big bath with him, and only rarely tries to splash him.
Daddy and Ross reading his card from Grandma and Grandpa Gibson...
Only another ten days with my Mom and Dad here... so we are working through the list of 'things to do before they leave' and I'm counting my days of unlimited help! Madeleine will certainly miss them as well... this morning, in the kitchen, she said very clearly "I want Papa." Her first clear sentence and it's all about Grandpa.
No comments:
Post a Comment