Friday, February 8, 2013

Planes and Helicopters

Hello everyone, Steve here.  A couple of weeks ago I took Madeleine to a popular bi-annual NZ airshow known as "Wings over Wairarapa".  Madeleine has been really interested in planes and helicopters lately so I thought she would really enjoy it.  It turns out I was right - as we pulled into the parking lot there were already several planes flying around and she let out a few big "woooow"s before we even got out of the car!
The weather was hot and sunny and the event apparently broke attendance records with over 20,000 people there.
We met up with our friends Matt, Emily and Jac.  Emily brought Madeleine one of her favourite fruit-and-yogurt treats, which became much more exciting than the airplanes until it was finished.
Madeleine's been extremely interested in my little RC helicopter lately, so seeing a real one up close and flying was a really big deal for her.
After a while she refused to wear her hat - but luckily she was happy to sit in her stroller in the shade.  When a plane flew by she'd lean forward to look at it, letting out a bit "wwwoooooowww" as she did so.
Emily also shared her fries with Madeleine - and Madeleine promptly ate only (and all of!) the fries with ketchup on them.

1 comment:

  1. I love that she's so fascinated by planes & helicopters! Thanks for posting these photos & stories.

    ReplyDelete