The past two weeks have been school holidays here, which means that all of the toddler activities we normally go to aren't happening. We've been keeping busy with toys at home, I was sick for one week, and when the weather is nice we head out for walks to the beach and park. I'll have to be sure to bring my camera with me one of these times - it's really cute watching M select various rocks and shells and then decide to walk off (after telling me a long story in great detail), only to get completely distracted by a leaf or passing dog.
One of our neighbours and friends from church recently brought Madeleine this old wooden trolley, and a shoebox full of wooden blocks - she has had loads of fun playing with all three!The shoebox has now become Poppy's bed. Poppy is a wool doll knitted by my mom, and M has just lately started showing interest in her, mostly to put her to bed and cover her with blankets over and over.
She loves carrying around this purse from Grandma Georgia, and usually keeps her arm up so it won't fall off.
Reading a story to Daddy after work.... She is constantly talking to us, but still has very few discernible words. She understands almost all of our conversation with her - goes to get things when we ask her, shakes and nods her head to our questions, and tells us what she wants with various sounds and gestures. We're amazed, and pleased, at how well she can communicate even without proper words.
Posing for pictures with me to get some rare shots of this baby belly... I have hardly remembered to take any pictures at all. I am 26 weeks now, so have another 3 months to go before we meet this little one. We didn't find out whether it's a boy or girl because Steve loves the surprise so much. I am dying of curiosity to know, but am willing to wait. Steve likens it to peeking at Christmas presents before Christmas, which apparently he would never do... of course, I have to confess, there were many years when I scoured my parents' closet for hiding presents, and my friend Jill and I had a custom of opening and re-sealing one present each during our annual eve-of-christmas eve sleepover. So it really is quite good of me to not find out what we're having.Daddy's turn for a picture with M...
Madeleine kicking up a fuss about being brought back inside... she would spend her entire day outside if she could.
No comments:
Post a Comment