This past weekend was the first ever go-kart race on Point Howard. There are a bunch of kids on our street and they all got together to put this on. They built the go-karts with their parents and geared up in everything from wetsuits to leather jackets and helmets for the big day. It started at the top of the hill, which is right near our house, and they zoomed down the hill to a flat section. That portion of the street was closed, and there was a sausage sizzler afterwards, and even a little trophy for the winner. It was pretty fun to watch, and luckily none of the crashes required medical attention. All the go-karts remained in one piece until the very end, when the mums and dads all took turns - that's when wheels went flying.

Madeleine and I were having fun cheering on the kids. She had just woken up from a nap (okay, I confess, I might have woken her up so we could go watch...).

Madeleine is not a very snuggly baby - she stopped resting her head on our shoulder as soon as she could hold it up herself. I relish the cuddles I get when I nurse her and she gets all sleepy before bed. Poor Steve only gets the occasional snuggle when she is really tired, or maybe not feeling very well. Still, he doesn't stop trying to get her to rest with him on the couch. Most of the time she just props herself up and grabs at everything in reach.

Here is little M after her nap yesterday.

She likes to help Daddy bring the washing in... she hasn't tried crawling around on the grass yet - I think she's always too busy picking at the little white flowers.

We are counting down the days until Grandma and Grandpa Gibson arrive in NZ! They get here next weekend, and will be staying with us for three weeks.
The go-karts look like great fun. Did either of the kids in the family that shares your driveway participate? - Dad
ReplyDeleteHey! Its been awhile since I've been to your blog, but I'm so glad I checked in again! M is so big and so cute and still so chubby! Love it :)
ReplyDeleteNZ is just so beautiful, you have some amazing photos!!
Tanya