Monday, June 20, 2011

6 weeks

Madeleine was 6 weeks old this past weekend! I will sound like a seasoned parent when I say the time has flown by, but it really is true. This is a big week for all of us here at 66 Howard Rd - it marks the end of my parents' stay with us (they fly out on the 23rd), the end of our care from the midwife, and Madeleine's first trip to the GP (for her immunizations). Madeleine continues to do really well, especially in the weight gain department. She is in the 91st percentile of weight gain for her age, and was 11lb 9oz at her last weigh-in 5 days ago. It must be my nightly bowl of ice cream that is treating her so well. Her eyes are still dark blue, her hair is still dark brown... it will be interesting to see if these traits last or not.

Chubby, kissable cheeks...
I tried to make some more cute footprints with paint, but poor Madeleine did not enjoy this, and the footprints didn't even turn out. Little does she know, I still have one more type of ink to try!
Madeleine continues to be spoiled with cuddles and endless attention from Grammie Jean and Grandpa Mark. She is sure to miss their stories, kisses, and songs. I know Steve and I will miss their endless efforts around the house - now will be the real adjustment period for us!
I'm happy to report that Miss Madeleine seems to have made her peace with the bath. She no longer screams or even cries (usually), but she still has a ways to go before she actually enjoys it. With all her rolls and creases though, her baths have had to increase from weekly to nearly every other day. I'm pretty sure that soon it will be a daily event.

1 comment:

  1. She's looking so grownup already! Safe travels to Mark & Jean. I'm guessing it's as hard for them to leave as it is for you to let them leave!

    ReplyDelete