Most people probably don't know that I once played piano. I took lessons from the age of 6 or 7 and played until I got sick with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at the age of 12. I was too weak to hold my hands up to the keys, and when I was finally well again at the age of 16, my priorities were school and friends. But, for many years now I have wanted to learn to play again. So, I scoured the TradeMe site for used pianos, and gathered all my birthday money, and bought this lovely Humphrey.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Humphrey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i love it! It's beautiful! I wish I could sit and watch you and humphrey play together. :) Way to go ak!
ReplyDeleteYou and Humphrey look great together, AK! I'm so glad you're doing this. Where are you getting your music to play?
ReplyDeleteI brought back some of my beginner books from when I was home in December. I think i'll see what the library has as well, although what I brought will be plenty to get me started.
ReplyDeleteYes, you look just great sitting there. And Humphrey sure is one attractive assemblage of oak! Very nice to have in your home, I'd say.
ReplyDeleteHere's a plug: the New Zealand Nature Company! The socks that you all got for me in Nelson at the NZNC are the best I've ever put on. So I went to their website and was astounded to find that the price shown is the final price and it includes shipping! And, they have toll free numbers to call them! I ordered two more pair yesterday (they are on sale) after I called to discuss proper size for me - (couldn't resist talking to them).
Right now everything is 20% off (if you order four items).
www.nznature.co.nz
I'm doing the same thing! I bought an electronic piano when I moved to St. John's and moved it up to Iqaluit with me. Turns out in Iqaluit I'm one of only 3 people or so who can play piano at any level at all. So I'm going to be teaching soon! Congratulations on the new piano!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful Annemarie! Humphrey looks like he's just asking you to sit down and play a little! Great idea.
ReplyDelete